SUBJECT: Classroom Use
To establish guidelines for the use and scheduling of library classrooms, including Room 125 and Room 130.
- The classrooms are primarily for library teaching use; when not in use by librarians, they may be reserved for other single-session instruction sessions or meetings.
- Reservations may be made up to four weeks in advance and will be granted on a first-come/first-served basis.
- Room 130 is available without reservations for individual or group use when it is not already scheduled.
- Only authorized library or information technology personnel are permitted to modify, install, or relocate equipment or software in the classrooms.
- To reserve a library classroom or to obtain more information about the library’s instruction program, contact a librarian at 605-688-5107 or email your Subject Librarian.
- Room 125 and 130 seat approximately 30.
- Room 125 equipment: instructor’s station, document camera, DVD player, ceiling mounted projector, multiple white boards, five tables with workstations including computer, large monitor, and laptop hookup.
- Room 130 equipment: instructor’s station, document camera, DVD player, two ceiling mounted projectors (can display the same or different things), and white boards.
- The room should be restored to its original condition before leaving, including clean boards, no paper clutter, and all software applications closed.
- Contact the librarian on duty if you encounter difficulties with the equipment or software.
- Related Documents
The Head of Public Services or designee is responsible for implementation, enforcement, and ad hoc review of this policy and of procedures. The Policy and Procedures Committee is responsible for review of this document every four years. The Dean of the Library is responsible for review and approval of this policy and associated revisions.
Reviewed by: Library Faculty September 28, 2000
Approved by: Dean of the Library April 12, 2023
Originally adopted: September 28, 2000
Revision dates: April 12, 2023; September 10, 2019; May 6, 2015; June 17, 2013; December 11, 2006; September 28, 2000