SUBJECT: Group Study Rooms Reservation and Use
To govern the use of the library’s group-study rooms. Large rooms are intended for use by groups of three or more. Small rooms are intended for use by 1-2 individuals.
- Selected group study rooms may be reserved for up to four hours per day per person.
- Regular, semester-long, SDSU classes may be scheduled in these rooms Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. through 5:00 p.m. SDSU organizations may schedule regular recurring meetings in these rooms Monday through Thursday from 5:00 p.m. through 10:00 p.m.
- Room reservations will be held for 15 minutes.
- Selected open study rooms are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Patrons are responsible for any personal property left in these rooms.
- The selected open study rooms are posted with signage indicating their availability and non-reservable status.
- Locked rooms may be reserved online at http://libcal.sdstate.edu/reserve/GroupRooms. Each of these rooms has a sign posted on the door directing patrons to check out a key at the Library Services Desk.
- The room key must be locked and the key returned to the Library Services Desk by the end of the booking. Keys should never be given to another group or individual without being properly checked out.
- If a key is not returned to the Library Services Desk when due, the person who checked out the key will be charged according to the overdue policy for four-hour reserve materials as stated in the library’s Library Charges.
- Charges for an overdue key will continue to accrue until the key is returned to the Library Services Desk or until they reach the maximum limit for reserve materials (Library Charges).
- If a group is more than 15 minutes late, library staff will cancel their reservation and another group may use the room.
- Related Documents
The Access Services Librarian is responsible for implementation, enforcement, and annual review of the policy and procedures. The Policy and Procedures Committee is responsible for review of this document every four years. the Dean of the Library is responsible for review and approval of this policy and associated revisions.
Reviewed by: Library Faculty July 2, 2014
Approved by: Dean of the Library June 1, 2022
Origination date: August 12, 2015
Revision dates: August 12, 2015; March 7, 2018; June 1, 2022