SUBJECT: Emeritus Administrator Study Room
To provide guidelines for the assignment of library spaces to and the use by emeritus administrators.
- Study rooms 012 and 013 are available for assignment to emeritus presidents and provosts upon their retirement.
- Study room assignments are made upon request and in consultation with the Dean of the Library.
- If not assigned, these rooms can be checked out to graduate students in accordance with the Graduate Study Room policy.
- A key to the room is issued by the Library Administration.
- Access is restricted to when the library is open.
- The library provides a desk, chair, and bookcase.
- Wireless connectivity is available in Briggs Library at no cost.
- A name will be posted on the door upon request by the assigned occupant.
- Non-circulating library materials taken to a study room should be returned to the Library Services Desk before the user leaves the building.
- Circulating materials must be checked out or returned before the user leaves the building.
- Study rooms are checked at least once per semester by library staff. The occupant will be notified of any non-circulating and circulating materials not checked out so this can be remedied.
- The space will be available until the person opts to leave or this benefit is denied by the current SDSU President or Provost.
- Related Documents
The Dean of the Library is responsible for the application and ad hoc review of this policy and procedures in addition to approving the policy and all future revisions. The Policy and Procedures Committee is responsible for review of this document every four years.
Reviewed by: Library Faculty September 5, 2019
Approved by: Dean of the Library April 11, 2023
Originally adopted: December 6, 2019
Revision date: April 11, 2023