All students, faculty, and staff can now read unlimited articles from The New York Times directly on nytimes.com from anywhere in the world. Access includes all articles published on the website since 1996 as well as scanned issues going back to 1851.
TimesMachine provides searchable, browsable scans of every issue of the New York Times published between 1851 and 2002.
To access TimesMachine, go to https://timesmachine.nytimes.com/browser or click on the menu in the upper right-hand corner of the New York Times homepage, select "More", then click on TimesMachine.
If you have never logged into the the New York Times, follow these steps to set up your access:
1. Go to accessnyt.com
2. Select South Dakota State University from the school search box
3. Follow the on-screen instructions to create an account using your SD State email address
4. Reactivate access after 365 days by following these same steps.
Note: If you already have a personal NY Times subscription connected to your SD State email and would like to activate this library-provided one, you will need to first contact NY Times customer service at 1-800-698-4637 to cancel your individual subscription.
Once you've made your account, follow these steps to get those unlimited articles:
1. Go to nytimes.com
2. Click on "Log In" in the upper-right-hand corner of the screen
3. Enter your SD State email address and chosen password
Download the NYTimes app for your smartphone or tablet from the App Store or Google Play once you've created your account for news on the go!