Communication Studies and Theatre Librarian
Mail: SBL, Box 2115
1300 N. Campus Drive
South Dakota State University
Brookings, SD 57007-1098
Text: firstname.lastname@example.org (you can text to an e-mail address and I can text back)
Students will be able to…
- Distinguish between, identify, and search library resources appropriate for different kinds of speech assignments;
- Develop search terms and utilize search language protocol (Boolean logic, truncation) appropriate to online databases such as ProQuest and LexisNexis.
- Determine print and electronic holdings of library magazines, journals and newspapers using the Journals List.
Earn up to 20 points of Extra Credit for Speech 101 by learning about the Library.
Extra credit is available online and face-to-face at scheduled times.
1. The online extra credit modules are available through D2L. To access them, sign into D2L and click on "Self Registration" near the center of the bar below the banner.
2. Click on the "SDSU Library Research Assistance" link to register for the class. There is no charge associated with the course.
3. Once you have registered for the course, it will appear on your "My Courses" list on your D2L home screen.
4. Choose from the list of modules in the Content section, and work through the entire module.
5. Take the quiz in the Quizzes section.
NOTE: A quiz will not appear on the list until you have completed all parts of the module.
6. You may get up to 20 points extra credit. You get 5 points for each quiz you pass. A passing grade is 3 or more points.
7. After completing all the quizzes you wish to take, print off your grade sheet and bring it to the Library to be signed.
To print off your grades, go to the Grades section of the course site
and click on the Print button to print a list of your quiz grades.
8. Bring this sheet to the Library Services Desk near the front door of Briggs Library and ask for it to be signed by a Librarian.
Contact a Librarian if you have any questions or problems.