Communication Studies and Theatre Librarian
Mail: SBL, Box 2115
1300 N. Campus Drive
South Dakota State University
Brookings, SD 57007-1098
Text: email@example.com (you can text to an e-mail address and I can text back)
Students will be able to…
- Distinguish between, identify, and search library resources appropriate for different kinds of speech assignments;
- Develop search terms and utilize search language protocol (Boolean logic, truncation) appropriate to online databases such as ProQuest and LexisNexis.
- Determine print and electronic holdings of library magazines, journals and newspapers using the Journals List.
Note: This box is currently being revised. The finished version will be available on Thursday, January 15, 2015.
Extra credit applies to students in on-campus, Brookings students. If you are taking this class online or through one of our other campuses, check with your instructor to see if you can get this extra credit.
- Get up to 20 points extra credit
- Take up to 4 classes - either in person in the library on online via D2L
- Take the quiz for that class in D2L
- For each quiz in which you get 3 or more answers correct, you get 5 extra credit points.
In-Person Classes in Briggs Library
There are four classes held in person in Briggs Library. The quiz is still in D2l and has a password to get into it. That password will be given to you at the end of the class. Classes range from 30 to 50 minutes. The schedule of these class is linked below. No registration is needed.
Online Classes & Quizzes in D2L
Extra credit classes and quizzes are found in a separate library class in D2L. You must self-register for this class. There is no fee for it.
Log into D2L and click on Self-Registration in the header.
Choose the class called "SDSU Library Research Assistance" by clicking on the class name.
Click on the Register button.
A form with your name, e-mail, and ID number already filled in will appear. Click on the Submit button.
A confirmation screen will appear with your inforamtion on it. Click the Finish button.
You can go to the library class by clicking on "Got to course offering SDSU Library Research Assistance".
Submiting Your Grades for Extra Credit
When you have done as many classes as you want (up to 4), click on Grades to show your grades for each quiz you have taken in this class.
Print your grades.
Make sure that the printout has your name and the grades visible on it.
Turn the printout in to your instructor.