These valuable services are available to all SDSU faculty, staff and currently enrolled students who cannot make regular (at least weekly) trips to the Brookings area:
- Search dozens of research databases. Find thousands of journals, magazines, newspapers and other documents online through your SDSU Library home page (http://www.sdstate.edu/library).
- Off-campus Access: SDSU affiliated students, faculty and staff may search library databases from off campus with a username and password. More information about off-campus access to library databases can be found at: http://www.sdstate.edu/library/service/distance/offcampusaccess.cfm.
- Library ID Card: To request an SDSU ID card contact Card Services at 605-688-6943.
- Article Delivery Service: Hilton M. Briggs Library delivers copies of articles and other materials for educational or professional purposes. We even deliver copies obtained from other libraries. Articles are usually delivered online to your ILLiad Interlibrary Loan account.
- Book/Video Delivery Service: Briggs Library lends books, videos and other materials that we own, and we also supply materials from other libraries worldwide. Books are delivered by UPS to your home or office.
- Requests for articles, books, videos or other materials should be submitted through an ILLiad account. To set up an account or to make a request, please click here.
- Time: Materials are sent within 3 working days after we receive your request forms. Items obtained from other libraries generally take an additional 8-10 working days.
- Cost: Books and other loans are sent free of charge, but the borrower is responsible for return postage or shipping. Copies of SDSU materials are delivered free of charge. In addition, we make every attempt to find free sources for books and photocopies not available at SDSU.